Following the extremely successful Malta Maritime Summit 2018, we are now preparing not only for the Malta Maritime Summit 2020 but also for other events. MMS is currently looking for an administration professional to join its dynamic team. This role requires an energetic individual who is motivated by a challenging working environment. The selected applicant will be detailed oriented and have the ability to work well in a team and with all levels of management.
Reporting to the CEO the main duties will include but would not be limited to:
- Acting as a first line representative to the company in relation to greeting guests and handling of telephone calls;
- Carry out reception duties as the need may arise from time to time;
- Provide clerical and basic book-keeping duties, including the issuing of sales invoices and coding of supplier invoices;
- Support colleagues in relation to sales and purchasing administration, such as sourcing pricing, compiling quotations, issuing of purchase orders and maintaining the filing of purchase related documentation, recording expenses;
- Support colleagues in HR functions, mostly in the realm of setting of appointments and responsibly handling data;
- Scheduling appointments;
- Photocopying and binding of documents;
- Handling office inventory and equipment;
- Handling travel arrangements;
- Organising events and conferences (including the liaison with speakers, panellists, delegates and visitors);
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Highly computer efficient; with experience in Microsoft Office Applications, database management and other major software applications;
- Have previous experience in a similar role;
- Be fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Have excellent social and verbal intelligence, including customer care, communication and telephone skills;
- Possess a sharpness and attention for detail;
- Be mature, patient and responsible;
- Discretion and trustworthiness: ( you will often be party of confidential information).
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Communication skills.
- A knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software if required.
- A level standard of education.
- Good command in English Language.
- Excellent time management and organisation.
- Previous Experience in logistics / will be considered an asset.
- Good command of Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Experience in shipping, financial or corporate services sector will be given preference.
- Digital and social media skills are a plus.
If successful you will receive;
- Very competitive remuneration packages together with other company benefits.
- Excellent working environment that promotes growth and progression.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Get in touch and let’s discuss further! Send your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions deadline: 1st March 2019